While everyone loves roast potatoes, they are slightly more complicated to cook and require a lot more time and effort.
One potato that is often underrated is the new potato. When cooked properly and tossed in olive oil or butter, new potatoes are soft, sumptuous and delicious.
Maldon Salt has shared a simple four-ingredient recipe that takes the humble new potato and turns it into the "ultimate comfort food".
The site reads: "Creamy, tender and full of flavour…New potatoes are the ultimate comfort food.
"This recipe only contains four ingredients, with Maldon Garlic Sea Salt being the star of the show for this dish.
"The delicious blend of sea salt flakes with wild and roasted garlic elevates the humble potato to new heights, giving a fragrant taste that compliments the new potatoes."
This dish is perfect when served with a spatchcock chicken, salt-baked sea bass or in a salad.
‘Best’ method to store all bread to make it ‘last much longer’ [INSIGHT]
Chef shares best roast potato recipe for glass-like crunch with a fluffy centre [UPDATE]
Michelin star chef's famous mashed potatoes recipe is unbeatably velvety [LATEST]
The best variety of new potatoes to use for this recipe are "Charlottes".
- 750g new potatoes, larger ones cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Maldon Garlic Sea Salt
- Cracked black pepper
1. Place the new potatoes in a large pan of water so they are completely submerged. Put the pan onto the heat and bring it to the boil.
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
2. Allow the potatoes to cook for five to eight minutes in the water until they are just tender and you can insert a knife easily.
3. Drain the potatoes and allow them to steam dry for a couple of minutes.
4. Tip them into your favourite serving bowl and toss them with olive oil, Maldon Garlic Sea Salt and cracked black pepper. Serve them while still warm.